If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of December 3, 2017 when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. I worry about the “not everyone needs to go to college” crowd when I see stats like these… Of the 7.2 million jobs lost in the recession, 5.6 million were jobs for workers with a high school diploma or less. (By @jcasap)
2. How well you read or do not read determines where you’ll be in life. (By @aggiebianca01)
3. You manage things and lead people. School is a people business. Thus school leadership is about leading people to do amazing things! (By @Snowmanlearning)
4. Public education in the U.S. will only survive if public education supporters and their neighbors and friends make a point to vote in large numbers in every election (esp. primaries) for candidates who unequivocally commit to defend public education from privatizers’ schemes. (By @johnkuhntx)
5. Public investment in K-12 schools has declined dramatically in many states over the last decade. (By @natsupers)
6. Change can be scary and uncomfortable, but we’re in this business to make a difference for kids. There’s no time like the present! (By @ichew_Willbern)
7. If you’re complaining, you’re not leading. Leaders don’t complain. They share a vision. They inspire with optimism. They focus on solutions. (By @JohnGordon11)
8. A person working a full time job of ANY kind should never be in poverty in this country. (By @Snowmanlearning)
9. Leaders deal with things others avoid. (By @Leadershipfreak)
10. Texas State Representative Earnest Bailes speaking candidly— and truthfully—about special interest politics at work in the Texas Legislature. “Local control and rural school support are considered ‘liberal votes’ by the folks pushing vouchers.” Straight talk from a fine public education legislator. (By @pastors4txkids)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Workshop (Keynote); NASSP National Principals Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook