There are those that don’t understand the power of reflective observation. They mistakenly believe that there is nothing to learn after a few cursory visits to a classroom. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, the most important key to building insight and deeper understanding about teaching and learning is to engage in a steady volume of daily classroom observation. What we have learned over the past ten years is that after about every 300 classroom observations, the observer will notice, discern, and/or learn something new… something that was previously hidden. It is the “Eureka” moment, and there is nothing else like it in instructional leadership.
In this pursuit, there is the PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge that is earned every 300th PowerWalks Observation. The following instructional leaders have already earned the Legendary Leadership Badge for the 2017/2018 school year (as of 10/31/17).
Two Legendary Leadership Badges Kenneth Bryant (GPISD): October; September Shon Joseph (LISD): October: September
One Legendary Leadership Badge Toni Chapman (CCSD1): October Eric Cormier (BISD): October Gerardo Cruz (GPISD): October Nancy Delosa (GPISD): October Jennifer Engels (LPISD): October Larry Gerhart (LPISD): October Julien Guillory (GPISD): October Karen Ivy (CISD): October Greg Lauder (JCPS): October Tera Marburgh (GPISD): October Ann Murphy (GPISD): October Pattie Myers (CISD): October Barika Noris (GPISD): October Candace Pohl (LPISD): October Robert Reedy (JCPS): October Janie Snyder (GPISD): October
Krystle Breden (GPISD): September Derrick Brown (SISD): September Chris Viator (LPISD): September
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – Five Fest 2019 Edition October 30, 2019
- Just 4 Days Away – The Fundamental 5 National Summit October 23, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – October 21, 2019 October 21, 2019
- A Reader Asks… PowerWalks and The Fundamental 5 October 17, 2019