If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of September 17, 2017 when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. NO research shows that giving a low score is motivating. In fact the opposite. It makes students give up. (By @alicekeeler)
2. In school, students cheat because the system values high grades more than students value learning. (By @neiltyson)
3. Frequent walkthroughs are an essential component of a formative observation system to ensure continuous instructional improvement. (By @AsstSuptAAA2)
4. If you aren’t feeling some discomfort, you aren’t improving. (By @Leadershipfreak)
5. A goal without a plan is just a wish… (By @traci_tousant)
6. Teaching reading to kids is an absolute moral imperative. (By @FountasPinnell)
7. School leaders need to chase learning, not technology, or the latest quick fix, trendy idea, or popular innovation. (By @DrKing_BBJH)
8. Victory requires payment in advance. (By @SportsMotto)
9. Teachers, hold the Texas State Senate Republicans accountable in town halls for their unrelenting attack on Texas Public Schools this session. You deserve better. (By @pastors4txkids)
10. No one is bigger than the team. If you can’t do things our way, you’re not getting time here and we don’t care who you are! –Gregg Popovich (By @CoachMotto)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook