If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of September 10, 2017 when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. Congratulations to LYSer, Dr. Jerry Burkett!!! He is the new Assistant Dean of the UNT-Dallas School of Education! Who will be next? (By @LYSNation)
2. If you aren’t willing to accept responsibility, if you refuse to allow others to hold you accountable… You will not improve –Phil Beckner (By @DrMetz_MHS)
3. Basically the Texas Senate said if you’re not going to give us vouchers, we’re not going to give you funding. Teachers – it’s time to replace them. (By @Pastors4txkids)
4. As Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick and his Texas Senate Republicans tell you how much they love Texas public schools, note that they ZEROED out public education funding in their 2017 budget. (By @Pastors4txkids)
5. Studying is more effective when it’s done in 45-minute segments instead of longer ones. (By @WSJ)
6. Let’s put to bed this blather about teachers getting rich off their pensions. It’s disrespectful and isn’t supported by data. (By @jmnemes)
7. “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.” — Guy Kawasaki (By @successmagazine)
8. Vouchers and tax breaks for those who send their kids to private academies and for-profit charter schools guts funding for public schools. (By @Sturm4Congress)
9. Taking legal protections away from 800,000 young people raised in this country is absolutely counter to what we stand for as a nation. (By @SenSanders)
10. Lord, teach us to contemplate you in the beauty of creation and reawaken our gratitude and sense of responsibility. (By @Pontifex)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook