If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of August 20, 2017 when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. Commentary: Schools need more funds to operate, not Lt. Governor Dan Patrick’s criticism… (By @statesman)
2. We reject the “government schools” moniker that anti-public school advocates levy against our hardworking and dedicated public servants. (By @pastors4OKkids)
3. Texas State Senate Republicans thumb their noses at Texas educators. They think they know what our kids need better than teachers. They are wrong. Replace them. (By @pastors4txkids)
4. “Education is a market… Teachers are educrats… Government schools… Schools have enough money… Vouchers work…” All lies. (By @pastors4txkids)
5. Public school advocates think that school choice is “taking money away from public schools,” because that’s exactly what it does. (By @DeLunaEva)
6. Vouchers take money from the poor and give to the rich. It’s unjust. Stop it now. (By @pastors4txkids)
7. Vouchers are like taking part of the green fee from the municipal golf course and giving it to the country club. It’s stealing and wrong! (by wfordhschoir)
8. Pretty impressive that volunteers gathered 111,000 signatures opposing school vouchers in Arizona – during a heatwave. (By @BisforBerkshire)
9. “The whole people must take upon themselves the education of the whole people and must be willing to bear the expense of it.” -John Adams, 1785 (By @pastors4txkids)
10. People who don’t give a #[email protected]*! about children of color use the language of civil rights to close our schools. (By @AnthonyCody)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook