If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of June 4, 2017 when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. The biggest fallacy in education: Good teachers guarantee student success. (By @LYSNation)
2. The unreported truth in education: A good teacher teaching the right thing, will outperform similar classrooms teaching the wrong thing. (By @LYSNation)
3. The right thing is the right content, at the right rigor, at the right time. This means providing teachers with a scope & sequence is critical. (By @LYSNation)
4. When all things are equal, the student who sees more content has an advantage. (By @LYSNation)
5. Yes. The research on Special Education shows that remediating in lieu of staying in pace widens gaps. (By @clwilkens)
6. We must stop the fear-mongering fringe from ruling Texas. We accept bad speech and bad behavior in them (the Texas Legislature) we wouldn’t tolerate in our children. (By @pastors4txkids)
7. The tipping point of leadership occurs when you stop blaming others for your disappointment, frustration, or bitterness. (By @Leadershipfreak)
8. The opposite of faith is fear. (By @clwilkens)
9. Perfection may seem unreachable, but you won’t get close if you don’t first try. (By @clwilkens)
10. Followed the Fundamental 5 and wrote critically all 180 days. (By @mrhartgis)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Texas ASCD Summer Conference, TASSP Summer Conference, Virginia Middle and High School Principals Conference; The National Principals Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook