If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of June 18, 2017 when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. Stay focused on student need. As student performance improves most adult problems begin to evaporate. (By @LYSNation)
2. Our state leaders have no shame. They demean teachers, defraud constituents, and neglect children without consequence. (By @pastors4txkids)
3. When adults are not adequately serving children, a slow phase in of better practice sacrifices student need for adult convenience. (By @LYSNation)
4. When performance is below expectations, the challenge is to Get Better Now, not tomorrow. (By @LYSNation)
5. I know it sounds crazy, but evidently, when teachers use better practice more often, students do better. Go figure. (By @LYSNation)
6. You can’t tell someone they’re incompetent or unworthy and expect them to step up! You can’t put someone down and expect them to step up. (By @Leadershipfreak)
7. Allowing teachers to NOT work on implementing best practice hurts both students and TEACHERS. (By @LYSNation)
8. We need to elect more people who are about representing all citizens rather than about putting their own party in power. So destructive. (By @woscholar)
9. The Definition of Culture and Climate: A) Culture is the adult practices and procedures on a campus. B) Climate is the effect culture has on students. (By @LYSNation)
10. The parent equation for ranking schools: A) Students are Successful = A Good School. B) My Child is Successful = A GREAT School. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Virginia Middle and High School Principals Conference; The National Principals Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook