If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of April 30, 2017 when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. There is real risk that a federally funded voucher program will lead to more segregation in schools. -Phil Tegeler (By @akarhuse)
2. If instruction stops after the high stakes test, it gets hard for people to believe the argument that teaching is more than a test score. (By @BluntEducator)
3. “Those who say forgiveness is a sign of weakness haven’t tried it.” -Desmond Tutu (By @clwilkens)
4. A long list of classroom rules probably causes more discipline problems than it prevents. (By @BluntEducator)
5. “The educated differ from the uneducated – as much as the living differ from the dead.” (By @DrRichAllen)
6. Wisdom isn’t in knowing all the answers. Wisdom is in applying those answers once we find them. (By @clwilkens)
7. Conspiracy Theorists May Really Just Be Lonely –Scientific American (By @LYSNation)
8. Conservative business leaders all over Texas think public tax money for private schools with no accountability is… Just. Plain. Dumb. (By @pastors4txkids)
9. Conservative faith leaders all over Texas think government meddling in church schools through voucher programs is… Just. Plain. Wrong. (By @pastors4txkids)
10. If conservative business leaders and pastors think vouchers violate tax accountability and religious liberty, how are vouchers conservative? (By @pastors4txkids)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Texas ASCD Summer Conference, Virginia Middle and High School Principals Conference; The National Principals Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook