Regarding the two previous posts, “Principal Coaching – The Low Performing Campus” and “Principal Coaching – Upset Parent and Community,” I am going to point out that what Sean lined out are research-based improvement processes.
I would like to add my thoughts on how to get this done. Understand this is a coaching relationship. To be an effective Coach, you must tell the truth, listen and hold the “Coachee” accountable for the work. All too often the Coach worries about the personal relationship (that is usually already in place with internal coaching) and begins to overlook the very things that placed the school at risk in the first place.
The role of the internal coach is that of the person who asks the questions over and over until they are answered with actual processes and systems. Any other answers are excuses that you must be willing to work through with the person you are coaching.
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Texas ASCD Summer Conference, Virginia Middle and High School Principals Conference; The National Principals Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – Five Fest 2019 Edition October 30, 2019
- Just 4 Days Away – The Fundamental 5 National Summit October 23, 2019