The Quality of Delivered Instruction Is No Longer Enough.
I’ll repeat that. The quality of delivered instruction is no longer enough to ensure adequate student performance. But why?
The brutal, yet consistently ignored truth is that the expert delivery of the wrong content will not produce improved student performance. Which means that student success is now a function of system and delivery. Below is the checklist for school success in the accountability era.
The Sequential Check List for School Improvement
1. A Scope and Sequence aligned to the standards
2. Pacing fidelity to the Scope and Sequence
3. Rigor fidelity to the Scope and Sequence
4. Frequent instructional planning that is aligned to the pacing and rigor of the Scope and Sequence
5. Short-cycle common assessments that are aligned to the pace and rigor of the Scope and Sequence.
6. Timely, strategic, and surgical review, re-teach and remediation strategies.
7. Data use to determine three critical instructional dynamics. A. Are we on pace? B. What strategies work? C. What strategies do not work?
8. Leadership lives in classrooms to cue practice, and ensure fidelity to planning.
9. On-going teacher training
10. Leadership committed to coaching staff up or coaching staff out, based on attitude and capacity.
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Texas ASCD Summer Conference, TASSP Summer Conference, Virginia Middle and High School Principals Conference; The National Principals Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- State Of The Blog – The Last 100 Posts (2,800 And Counting) November 19, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 18, 2019 November 18, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019