LYS Nation, you outdid yourself! Your challenge was to visit classrooms to beat cancer, and you really stepped up. In March, individually you visited a total of 16,469 classrooms (exceeding last year’s total by 4,504), which equates to a donation of $823.45
Then five LYSers met the 200 PowerWalks Challenge, which adds another $50.00 to the donation.
As for campuses, the following 16 schools made the March Cancer Fightin’ PowerWalks Hero list.
|Elementary Schools||Middle Schools||High Schools|
|Southside PS (CISD) – 528||Cunningham MS (GPISD) – 899||North Shore SHS (GPISD) – 1,274|
|McFerrin PA (JCPS) – 358||Galena Park MS (GPISD) – 764||Granbury HS (GISD) – 820|
|McFee ES (CFISD) – 315||Cobb 6th Grade Center (GPISD) – 421||Valley HS (JCPS) – 665|
|Wright ES (WISD) – 292||North Shore MS (GPISD) – 358||Cleveland HS (CISD) – 588|
|Duryea ES (CFISD) – 255||Iroquois HS (JCPS) – 546|
|Borger HS (BISD) – 471|
|Fairdale HS (JCPS) – 455|
This adds another $160.00 to the donation.
Then Southside Primary School (Cleveland ISD), Cunningham Middle School (Galena Park ISD), and North Shore High School (Galena Park ISD) led their school categories, adding another $150.00 to the donation.
Then North Shore Senior High School (Galena Park ISD) was the Ultimate PowerWalks Cancer Fightin’ Hero School in March, adding another $100.00 to the donation.
This adds up to a total of $1,283.45. The exceeds last year’s total by $170.20. But I like even numbers…
Which means that the overall Lead Your School / LYS Nation March For A Cure donation to the American Cancer Society is….
Thank you! And mark your calendars, because we’re going to do it again next year!!!
Visit Classrooms… Beat Cancer! Your turn…
P.S. The PowerWalks Hero School Targets for April 2017
Elementary Schools – 125 Middle Schools – 150 Alternative Schools – 40
High Schools – 200
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- State Of The Blog – The Last 100 Posts (2,800 And Counting) November 19, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 18, 2019 November 18, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019