If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of January 29, 2017 when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. “School choice” vouchers do only one thing: subsidize the private education of families affluent enough to send their children to private schools. (By @pastors4txkids)
2. Education Week gives Texas an F on School Spending, a D on Finance. How about we get those grades up before we slap bad grades on schools? (By @jWashtxlawdawg)
3. Don’t be confused – public education funding does NOT keep pace with inflation; not even close. (By @ChandraKus)
4. Vouchers segregate kids between those that can afford the extra money needed for private school and those that can’t. (By @mgshearon)
5. If you long for someone to fail, what path have you taken? (By @TinneyTroy)
6. Vouchers will seriously damage Texas public schools. (By @TXParentPac)
7. Invented claims – like the myth of massive voter fraud – are usually used to undermine the advancement and enforcement of voting rights laws. (By @civilrightsorg)
8. “School choice” should be changed to “School’s choice” since it is the school’s choice whether or not they take your kid! (By @Coalition4TxEd)
9. Using the term “authentic” doesn’t make you authentic any more than sleeping in a garage makes you a car. (By @Leadershipfreak)
10. Success leads Morale! (By @MshiMCavazos)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Aspiring Principal Workshop (Multiple Presentations), Learning for a Change Spring Summit (Keynote and Multiple Presentations)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook