Is there a worse thing?
Employees throw the name at bosses as an insult. Leaders will disengage in fear of being labeled.
I say embrace it. Because the label simply describes a set of practices… Being present and visible. Observing. Monitoring progress. Being aware of the details. Steering. Pushing. Supporting. Leading.
I’m going to micro-manage, because to not do so is to rely on hope and luck. “I hope my staff is doing the right thing and if we’re lucky we’ll succeed.”
Careers and students get crushed by hope and luck, so I’m not a fan.
Micro-managing is the science… Loose and tight leadership is the art.
If things are working and improving, the leadership is loose. I’m encouraging, connecting, suggesting, providing, pushing, protecting and promoting.
If things are not working and improving, the leadership is tight. I’m training, scripting, problem-solving, directing, pulling, rallying, communicating, assisting or replacing.
Don’t apologize for being a micro-manager, work at it.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Aspiring Principal Workshop (Multiple Presentations)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- State Of The Blog – The Last 100 Posts (2,800 And Counting) November 19, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 18, 2019 November 18, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019