In furtherance of a LYS Nation tradition, we will take this time to tip our caps to the campuses that have embraced the most important step in creating and maintaining an action oriented professional learning community. These are the campuses that have conducted an extraordinary number of formative classroom observations in a given month. Since this is the beginning of the school year, any campus that conducted even a single PowerWalks observation is to be considered a Hero Campus. Next month, as you can see below, the bar will be raised a little bit higher.
Your September Targets Big Schools – 325 PowerWalks Observations Medium Sized Schools – 225 PowerWalks Observations Small Schools – 125 PowerWalks Observations Very Small Schools – 65 PowerWalks Observations.
Now without further ado, here are your twenty-one PowerWalks Hero Schools for the month of August 2014. Congratulations!!!
|Elementary Schools||Junior High & Middle Schools||Alternative Schools||Combined Campuses||High Schools|
|Rennell ES (CFISD – midsized school)||Magnolia JH (MISD – midsized school)||Louis Schools (LISD – small school)||Iroquois HS (JCPS – large school)|
|Goliad Es (BSISD – small school)||Big Spring JH (BSISD – midsized school)||Fairdale HS (JCPS – large school)|
|Bon Lin ES (BSPS – midsized school)||Lomax JH (LPISD – midsized school)||Mayde Creek HS (KISD – large school)|
|Curtis ES (WISD – small school)||Winona MS (WISD – small school)||Kennedale HS (KISD – midsized school)|
|Indian Springs ES (CISD – small school)||LaPorte JH (LPISD – midsized school)||Mathis HS (MISD – small school)|
|Clarendon JH (CISD – very small school)||Winona HS (WISD – small school)|
|Cumberland Academy MS (CAPCS – small school)||Dublin HS (DISD – small school)|
|Dublin IS (DISD – very small school)|
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote Presentation)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook