Dear PowerWalks User,
We are excited to unveil the updated version of the PowerWalks Instructional Observation System. As you are well aware, PowerWalks was designed to provide Teachers with “Game Film” to inform their honing of daily practice and to provide Instructional Leaders with a tool to better coach and support their staff, from the large group to the individual. With this updated version, PowerWalks continues to do this, but now easier, faster and with more flexibility.
The PowerWalks site looks different (better), but the basic operations remain the same, with the following enhancements:
- The primary classroom observation survey has been streamlined and now focuses on only the positive elements of instructional best practice.
- For managing users, there is the ability to create custom observation elements for campuses.
- The PowerWalks Instructional Observation System will alert the observer when the most powerful elements of best practice have been observed and will send a positive note to the teacher.
- Report building has been streamlined to just a one screen operation.
- Additional standing (pre-built) reports have been included on your personal report page.
- Report generation speed has been significantly upgraded.
To be added in the next few weeks, both an Android and Apple App for use on campuses with inconsistent connectivity and a narrative coaching report to facilitate staff coaching meetings and conversations.
We know you will find the new version of PowerWalks to be even better than the last and welcome your comments and suggestions.
Your LYS Coaching Staff and Fellow PowerWalkers Bob Brezina, E. Don Brown, Lesa Cain, Sean Cain, Sherilynn Cotten, Dr. Jim Davis, Barbara Fine, Jo Hoeppner, Harry Miller, Jeanette Nelson, Gwen Poteet
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote Presentation)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook