The most difficult daily task for teachers is perhaps the most mundane, time management. In a work environment that requires the constant management of personalities, content, behaviors, questions and administrivia – time alternates between flying and standing still. Which means that teachers need a tool to help them implement the practices they want to do more of, but rarely have time for. If only there was something to fit the bill…
Meet the new Fundamental 5 Classroom Timer App.
What the app does is allow you to program in the times for your warm-up, small group purposeful talk sessions and closing question. The app also allows you to select and enter the talking and writing prompts that you want to use during a class. Then at the programmed time, the app chimes and displays the prompt.
You teach, the app cues, and students talk and write. Pure classroom magic!
The app is available at the App Store for I-phone and I-pad users. Search for Fun 5 Timer, or click on the link:
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote Presentation)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook