A LYS Assistant Principal writes:
We conducted our first round of PowerWalks conversations with our teachers in late October and our biggest takeaway from these initial conversations was the lack of critical writing taking place on our campus. We couldn’t hide from the data; in our classrooms critical writing activities were an infrequent occurrence.
But a direct consequence of these conversations is that we are now seeing critical writing activities in the classrooms of more than half of our teachers. Beyond this positive note, the administrative team and a great many teachers have expressed how much they enjoyed the opportunity to talk shop for a few minutes. I believe teachers are beginning to value the insight the data is providing them. And I can report that the administrative team enjoys some of the certainty the data gives us as we coach for the purpose of improving the quality of classroom instruction.
SC Response Fantastic news! Though not surprising considering the focus of your Administrative Team and the passion of your Teachers. I look forward to your field report on the second round of PowerWalks instructional coaching conversations.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: NASSP National Conference; The 21st Century High School Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook