In response to the 8/14/2013 post, “LYS – A Cult or a Club,” a LYS District Leader writes:
To Those Who Question the LYS Nation:
I have been reading LYS posts/comments for some time now. And it’s always-consistent, value-added content compels me to make a brief comment.
For anyone serious about doing their best to be the best in the craft of education, the LYS Nation offers a gold mine of concise, distilled, proven strategies, principles and ideas in a simple but powerful model.
And… Not once have I failed to see the powerful thinking that goes way beyond the watered down, politically correct speak that so typifies many education forums.
Reading the posts and discussions are not only time well spent, but they also serve as a force-multiplier in seeking to focus and hone my knowledge and skills. It’s a lot of bang for the buck!!
In a World where there are tons of information to sift through just to find one teeny-weenie nugget of useable truth, I say thank you LYS Nation for making a real difference.
SC Response Here is what I think those on the outside (non-LYSers) have trouble seeing. The LYS Nation isn’t one person. It is now an international network of educators focused on making their districts, schools and classrooms better. Not because they have to, but because they are driven and they measure their success by their students’ success.
For those not motivated in this manner, they can’t believe that it is real. So they keep looking for an angle that isn’t there and attributing their own motivations to the actions of those of us who make up the LYS Nation.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: NASSP National Conference; The 21st Century High School Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook