In response to the 8/28/2013 post, “Getting a Principalship,” first a Principal writes:
SC, Really liked your response to the Assistant Principal looking for a job. Been there myself. Always do what is right for students. It will pay off.
Then an Assistant Principal writes
SC, Great response. I am there myself, looking to move to a larger school. Making the finalist group, but no job yet. The key point is “yet.”
If we continue to do what is best for our students, someone will notice.
SC Response For me, this is the key: Do the right thing, for the right reason, without reservation. You may not get the job when and where you want it. You may not be able to stay where you are. But, you will eventually get the job offer where you are needed. Then you have to decide how serious you are and if you are willing to go there.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: NASSP National Conference; The 21st Century High School Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook