A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of July 7, 2013.
1. Congratulations to LYSer, Jerry Gibson! He is the new Superintendent in Coldspring-Oakhurst CISD. Who will be next?
2. Congratulations to LYSer, Tim Harkrider! He is the new Superintendent in Willis ISD. Who will be next?
3. Congratulations to LYSer, Victor Saldana! He is the new Principal at West Avenue Elementary School (NEISD). Who will be next?
4. Revisiting the Fundamental 5 book (Cain & Laird)! Just good common sense! Must make these 5 things a daily teaching habit! (By @jenniferzsch)
5. I’ll take a well-trained, dedicated teacher over a smart board, new textbook, new software bundle, or iPad cart any day of the week. (By @JaredBigham)
6. Who gets summer reading assigned to them? The honors students. Who needs summer reading the most? The struggling readers. (By @KellyGToGo)
7. No one is perfect. Improvement is driven by increasing positives and decreasing negatives. We need reminders and reflection on both.
8. Always over-plan. It’s better to run out of time than to waste it. Nothing is worse than ten minutes of dead time with thirty, 18-year olds. (By @dianedfrost)
9. Save time by starting your year off with nothing as decoration and allow the students to decorate the room with their creative work. (By @tra_hall)
10. Lowering rigor levels in the classroom will not get sustained results. Students’ grades might improve, but is that a true reflection of learning? (By @fosterbkay)
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook