A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of July 21, 2013.
1. Those who can… Teach. Those who can’t… Are in the Legislature?
2. Thinking is not driven by answers but by questions. What happens when we are told not to question? (By @DrJerryRBurkett)
3. The brain wants four things: feedback, challenge, engagement, and reflection. (By @MrsLongScience)
4. To get more of what I want in my classroom, I will modify practice with more frequent assessments and daily closure questions. (By @JessicaGPS)
5. Today’s Quote: “A visual trigger makes our memories bigger.” (By @DrRichAllen)
6. Fear based discipline increases Cortisol; and Cortisol interferes with transfer from short-term memory to long-term memory. (By @tra_hall)
7. Lt. Gov. Dewhurst and Senator Patrick: If you want CSCOPE to go away, rescind all academic performance standards. With no standards, then there no need for instructional tools.
8. Want to post something to your classroom wall without damage? Use blue painters tape. Easy to apply and temporary. (By @DrJerryRBurkett)
9. Teachers are no different than students; they need to know what to expect from you (the Principal)! (By @fosterbkay)
10. Pop quiz time. What is the Number 1 best selling education book on Kindle, TODAY? Answer – The Fundamental 5! Thank you, LYS Nation!!!
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook