A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of July 14, 2013.
1. Congratulations to LYSer, Trig Overbo! He is the new Superintendent in Jayton-Girard ISD. Who will be next?
2. Congratulations to LYSer, Rick Kershner! He is the new Assistant Superintendent in Splendora ISD. Who will be next?
3. Relevant classrooms are those that allow students to create and produce, not simply consume information. (By @EkCoulson)
4. Today’s Quote: “Nothing is taught if nothing is learned. Nothing is learned is nothing is applied.” (By @DrRichAllen)
5. Stop trying to figure out how to punish students into compliance and spend your energy on figuring out how to engage them with purpose. (By @justintarte)
6. “Being visible” means more than people can physically see you although that is a great start. Approach, Interact, and Respond. (By @TroyMooney)
7. It’s painfully obvious that our bureaucrats and politicians don’t know the differences among curriculum, standards, lessons, etc. (By @tlonganecker)
8. The higher a student’s test scores, the farther from home the student is likely to go for college. (By @anniemurphypaul)
9. If you really think about it…isn’t public education technically a business subsidy? (By @cheadhorn)
10. You can be the best in the business by merely doing the basics better. – Coach Krzyzewski. Sounds familiar, “Fundamental 5.” (By @jaredpeters23)
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook