In response to the 6/26/13 post, “Sometimes It Pays to Play the Game,” a LYS Assistant Superintendent writes
This post was brilliant. Will schools do it?
SC Response Thank you. But to answer your question, for 98% of the high schools in the state, “No, they will not do this.”
This schedule is too different from what has always been done. And in a risk adverse profession like ours, it is better to be wrong in a big group than be right alone. So they will come up with reasons “why not” instead of “how to.”
In short the effort to change adult practice will outweigh the potential for increased student success. A sad indictment…
But also why those in the LYS Nation are different and their schools consistently lead the pack.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook