After a recent presentation to 300+ school leaders, a reader and audience member writes:
I know you hear this often but Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Your presentation to our district was exactly what our leadership teams needed to hear. You present from such a strong, experiential background it gives so much credibility to your message.
When you are the person responsible for a robust, viable curriculum for grades Pre-K through 12 in a district with approximately 39,000 students there is a little bit of pressure! Your presentation helped solidify some of the initiatives we are doing and gave us other new ideas. As in your words, “We must correct areas of concern and leverage areas of strength.” Keep up the great work and thanks again for sharing with us. I look forward to working with Lead Your School as we go forward.
SC Response No, thank you! You all were a fantastic audience… informed, reflective and engaged. If anything, the room lifted me up.
I have nothing but respect for curriculum staff and there is no way I would take that job. It is the least loved position in education. First, you actually know more than the people that you are supporting, but the supportees never seem to admit or appreciate this. Then add to this the fact that I have never met a teacher who says anything like, “Man, I really like our curriculum. I would be lost with out it.”
Instead, we blame any and all our problems on it (myself included). So I emphasize with the pressure of your position.
I am glad that you found validation and inspiration in our discussions, and I too look forward to an opportunity to work with you and your team in the near future.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook