A LYS Principal shares the following:
I’ve been conducting individual conferences with teachers to review their PowerWalks data. These meetings have been amazing!! The teachers have actually been excited when they actually get to see and discuss the information the charts are providing them. For the first time they can clearly see why they must teach deeper than the district curriculum if they are going to reach the higher levels of rigor and relevance necessary for student success.
My teachers are asking great questions during these conferences and seem truly energized about honing their craft as educators. I too am energized by just by being a part of these conversations!
Thank you LYS!
SC Response We are so excited for you and your campus. We all became teachers because there is nothing more exciting than helping a student discover, grow, learn and improve. The positive feelings we get when we are a part of this are the intrinsic motivations that allow us to survive and thrive in a profession that is so miserly in the provision of extrinsic motivators. Then we become campus leaders and we are removed from that experience. Unless we do what you are now doing, becoming an instructional leader who takes direct and individual action to help teachers discover, grow, learn and improve. You still are a teacher, but now your students are bigger and bring a lot more to the table. Never stop coaching.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook