A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of January 20, 2013.
1. Ms. Bracken (Hines ES) hit for the cycle when I visited her classroom. All 5 practices of The Fundamental 5 in play. Awesome to watch!
2. The physical environment of the classroom can affect a child’s academic progress by as much as 25%, says new study. (By anniemurphypaul)
3. By end of decade China set to have nearly 195 million community college and university grads, U.S. about 120 million. (By @FareedZakaria)
4. A campus parking space assignment plan. The spaces closest to the campus are for parents. Then those who get to work early get the best spots.
5. My position on arming teachers: Once we implement with perfect fidelity the best practice we’ve been trained on, then we’ll revisit the issue.
6. Newly hired armed guard leaves gun unattended in school bathroom. (By @eschoolnews)
7. Reaffirmed: Great is the enemy of good. (By @txschoolsupe)
8. Without meaningful change in leadership practice there is no school change. Leadership change is the leading indicator.
9. Even the best teachers operating in tough settings without a scope and sequence, relevant data, and support will quickly become struggling teachers.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: North Dakota Principals Association Conference (Keynote Speaker), TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations), Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation