Though the blog went on hiatus for the Christmas Holidays, the LYS Nation Twitter Feed just kept on going. So for the next couple of days, we’ll catch up on the highlights. Here are the Top Ten LYS Tweets from the week of December 16, 2012.
1. Preparing for another speech on school finance and education in Texas. My 20th in 2 yrs. Thank you for supporting Texas students. (By @DrJerryRBurkett)
2. Granted, more school funding doesn’t always equal increased student performance. But not enough funding does equal decreased performance.
3. We all have excuses, but the simple truth is this: If we are not in classrooms and talking with teachers, any improvement is driven by luck.
4. Just observed a teacher teaching test taking strategy state that with a multiple choice question, ID the obvious wrong answer to narrow the choice. This DOESN’T work on a valid test.
5. Advice to young coaches – Pay your dues. You don’t enlist in the army as a general. (By @coachgambetta)
6. Why is it more difficult to purchase Claritin-D than ammunition?
7. I just listened to Dan Patrick ramble on about his ideas to “improve” education…or as I like to call it…bologna. (By @cheadhorn)
8. I assume Senator Patrick’s plan includes a clause stating all private and charter schools will now participate in STAAR and EOC testing… (By @cheadhorn)
9. If a school is failing, I want the state to help it, not discard it in favor of something that has less accountability. (By @DrJerryRBurkett)
10. Being a supporter of education, teachers and students does not make you a union thug. Again, when did education become a bad thing? (By @DrJerryRBurkett)
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn… Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: North Dakota Principals Association Conference (Keynote Speaker), TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations), Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation