In response to the 8/15/12 post, “A LYS Reader Asks… Administrator Dress Code,” two old school LYSers weighed in, one male and one female.
From the male LYSer,
I often wear slacks and polo style shirts to work, especially in school colors. I keep a sports coat in my office that I can don for any unexpected need.
SC Response That’s exactly how I was trained and what I did. Using this strategy at times you may be just a little over-dressed, at other times a little under-dressed. But you will never find yourself inappropriately dressed for any work related function.
From the female LYSer,
There are awesome administrators who disagree with your position!! 🙂
SC Response Any woman who is getting fashion advice from me has definitely come to the wrong source. It is a much more complicated question with endless options and variables. As such, I have no problem deferring the question of female administrator professional dress to those more qualified than me; top-tier female administrators.
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Region 10 ESC Fall Leadership Conference (Keynote), Advancing Improvement in Education Conference (Multiple Presentations), TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), North Dakota Association of Secondary School Principals (Keynote), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation