As reported earlier, it’s that time of year again. The time when districts look at what their campuses are doing and then look at LYS campuses and decide that they need to make a run at those campus and district leaders. In the course of the recruitment dance, the interested district always wants a to hear from a reference or two. Do you want to know why the LYS Leader is different? Here is an excerpt from a reference that I just completed.
With great enthusiasm and conviction, I recommend (MASKED NAME) for the position of Superintendent in (MASKED) District.
Like all top-tier principals, (MASKED NAME) works tirelessly to ensure that her campus is positioned for success. Her thirst for knowledge and her personal commitment to seek out new ideas, experiences, strategies and practices are commendable. But what separates (MASKED NAME) from her peers is her commitment to the professional growth of her staff. She already has the Superintendent’s understanding that the key to improving student performance is to train, monitor and support staff in the acquisition of skills that directly improve the quality of instruction. But most importantly, she brings the working experience of insuring that this actually occurs, with both urgency and fidelity.
As with any first-time superintendent, there may be aspects of the job that are new to (MASKED NAME), but she is a quick study and has never been shy in seeking out the expertise of others when the situation warrants. However, (MASKED NAME) will be able to offset any initial learning curve with her dignified, mature, and collaborative leadership style.
It is my opinion, the district that selects (MASKED NAME) as its next Superintendent will immediately be better off due to that decision.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Bushland ISD Staff Kickoff, Canadian ISD Staff Kickoff, Highland Park ISD Staff Kickoff, Sunray ISD Staff Kickoff, Region 10 ESC Fall Leadership Conference (Keynote), Advancing Improvement in Education Conference (Multiple Presentations), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation