Hey Don, I was echoing your advice just today!
I told my team that my mentor (The E. Don Brown) always said that a well ran school is teaching by second period on the first day of school. E. Don also taught me to issue books and to do other administrative tasks on the fly. Never take out a day of instruction for stuff and things.
This sends a strong message to students and is contrary to most of their expectations. It sets a tone for the year. On the administrative side, my team was hyper-monitoring classrooms on day 2 and coaching teachers for improved instruction on day 4. We went Academically Recognized in one year.
Thanks, Don and Sean.
Thanks for the credit, but you and your staff did all the heavy lifting. All we did was say, “Go get ‘em!”
Just so the other LYS readers know, the reader who sent this in is the only principal I am aware of, who has taken not one, but two high schools from unacceptable to recognized in less than two years.
Think. Work. Achieve.
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- State Of The Blog – The Last 100 Posts (2,800 And Counting) November 19, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 18, 2019 November 18, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019