More first day of school good news, a reader writes:
“I assumed the principalship of a high school that was unacceptable two years in a row. My first year we were Academically Acceptable. Last year we were Recognized.
This year for the start of school, we had a plan and worked the plan. By second period it was like a normal day. Good transition and instruction going on in every class. The key was we had a plan and each teacher bought into the plan.
Create a plan and work the plan. The tone for the entire year was set by having instruction on the first day, and forty-five minutes into the day.”
Standard fare from a “Brown” Guy (or Gal)
Think. Work. Achieve.
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – Five Fest 2019 Edition October 30, 2019
- Just 4 Days Away – The Fundamental 5 National Summit October 23, 2019