Some of you have seen a version of this post before, but since I wrote it, the number of Lead Your School readers has more than doubled. Therefore, I thought a refresher might be in order. The following is my attempt to explain the features that are embedded in the blog site and the e-mail updates.
Note: This section relates to the blog site (not the e-mail updates).
1. On the left side of the page: If you enter your e-mail address in the subscribe box, you will get a daily e-mail update of all the postings within the last 24 hours, after you respond to the confirmation e-mail (a spam preventative).
2. On the left side of the page, under the e-mail subscription area: Links to the Lead Your School campus support site and Cain Notes.
3. On the left side of the page, under the Lead Your School Resource area: Current School News. Click on any of the four key words and the most current news stories that relate to that key word will be displayed.
4. On the left side of the page, under Current School News: RSS Feeds. I don’t have a clue. The tech guys just said it needed to be there. Can anyone out there explain it?
5. On the left side of the page, under RSS Feeds: Followers. Again, no clue (just following tech guy instructions). Some of you do this, care to explain it to the rest of us?
6. At the bottom of the blog page, under the last post of the week: Blog Archives. Click on a week, and all the posts from that week will be displayed.
Note: This section relates to the actual posts (on the blog site).
1. If you click on a post title, it will pull up a comment box at the end of the post. Just type in your comment and click the “post comment” button.
2. At the bottom of each post, click “comment” and you can leave a comment or read comments others have left. However, the majority of the comments, I post under the heading, “A Reader Writes.”
3. At the bottom of each post, click the envelope if you want to e-mail that post to another person.
4. At the bottom of each post, if you click a “Label” word, it will pull up all the other posts that have the same label words.
5. At the bottom of the post, there are reaction boxes. You get to rate the post.
Note: This section relates to the E-mail updates.
1. If you click on “Lead Your School”, it will take you to the web site.
2. If you click on a post title, it will take you to the post and there will be a comment box at the bottom of the screen. Just type in your comment and click the “post comment” button.
Note: This section relates to Reader Comments.
This is how all comments are handled:
1. Your comments, opinions and question are welcomed and encouraged. Keep them coming.
2. All comments opinions and questions are reviewed by me before they are published.
3. With comments, opinions and questions, where it is asked that the information not be shared, receive a private response from me.
4. One liners and comments that do not require a response are just posted as a comment.
5. Comments opinions and questions of merit (99% of them) are posted as, “A Reader Writes…” They are posted in a first come, first serve fashion. So sometimes it takes a while to get to yours.
6. I don’t know if it is proper blog etiquette or not, but I spell and grammar check comments before I post them.
1. Purple text is the comment of the reader.
2. Your turn… This is your invitation to weigh in and join the conversation.
Think. Work. Achieve.