Lead Your School represents a cadre of educators from across the country that are driven to maximize student opportunities and to lead the profession by example and action. @LYSNation is one way to share information, ideas, and reflections with those incredible teachers and school leaders. These are the Top 10 tweets shared in the past week.
- I received the book, The Reboot (Cain & Laird), today. Completely immersed in the authentic voice delivered in this very important read and I’ve learned so much more already. Thank you for helping me hash out some important consideration for our campus of 4,000 + secondary scholars. (By @CoachGriffi)
- President Trump: “Our children are taught in school to hate their own country.” (By @thehill)
- Educators: He’s (the President) lying about you. He is no friend of public schools. (By @JWalshtxlawdawg)
- Public school graduate, U. S. Army veteran, public university graduate, Sunday school teacher, High School principal, District Superintendent, searching for a diplomatic way to correct this blatant attack on those who tirelessly served with me. No diplomacy, this is a lie. (By @1DanLawson)
- I’ve been an administrator for 11 years and observed classroom teaching 100s of times. I have NEVER observed a teacher teaching anything that would inspire students to hate this country. Our teachers deserve an apology. (By @mrTHamilton)
- Over the past 20 years I have observed over 100,000 classrooms. Not once have I observed anything that could be considered anti-American. What I do see and hear is the Pledge of Allegiance at every public school I visit. (By @LYSNation)
- As a former teacher of US History, US Government and Economics, I can tell you that we educators love our country and model that love for our students. The purpose of public schools in America is to develop an educated citizenry, without which we cannot have a democracy. (By @KBrownTASA)
- No, Mr. President, they’re not. Teachers are working harder than ever during this time and you say something slanderous against one of the best professions in the world to score points with your base. (By @drewllandry)
- Wait, Mr. President…you attacked America’s teachers on Friday. Now you are asking them to save our nation. Which will it be? (By @pastors4txkids)
- One of the best decisions you can make is to separate yourself from people who drain your emotional batteries. Select only positive people. (By @CoachMotto)
Lead Your School and Wash Your Hands!
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.