If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- There is nothing conservative about destroying institutions that make America great. Far-right reactionaries have hijacked the term. We are conservative in the truest sense: we seek to conserve the bedrock American value of public education for all children. (By @pastors4txkids)
- “Despite their name, these tax-subsidized scholarships to private schools do not promote equal educational opportunity. Instead, they channel tax money that could be used to fund public schools to pay private school tuition.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- What state tests are most accurate at measuring is the wealth of the families served by the school. (By @LYSNation)
- Pessimists don’t change the world. The future belongs to those who have the belief, resilience, positivity, and optimism to overcome all the challenges in order to create it. (By @JonGordon11)
- The surviving school generally does nothing overtly wrong on any given day. The thriving school does many things significantly right, every day. (By @LYSNation)
- The responsibility for great meetings is always the responsibility of the person leading the meeting. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- Goals are achievable, but purpose is never fully achieved. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- Why our passionate support for public education? Two reasons: 1. Moral: we believe it is God’s will that all children receive a quality education. This can only be provided by the public. 2. Personal: school employees are our church and family and community members. (By @pastors4txkids)
- Really good leaders don’t gossip and waste time talking about other people. (By @tgrierhisd)
- Principals, leave the funny to professional comedians. You stick with being a professional educator and leader. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Conference; ASCD Empower Conference; TASSP Summer Conference (Keynote); NAESP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.