A LYS Campus Leader asks the following:
Can you share with me The Fundamental 5 practices that align with the modules on the PowerWalks Classroom Observation Protocol? I want to make sure when I talk with teachers, I’m giving them accurate information.
Not a problem.
Here are the PowerWalks observation modules that DIRECTLY aligned with The Fundamental 5.
- Instructor Location
- Lesson Framing
- High-Yield Instructional Practices
These are the PowerWalks observation modules with a positive correlation to the Fundamental 5.
- Pupil Engagement
- Instructional Rigor
- Instructional Relevance
- Classroom Climate and Management Practices
The Bottom Line: As a teacher increases both the quality and quantity of Fundamental 5 practices used in the classroom, that improvement will be reflected in accurate, high-volume PowerWalks data.
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote); ASCD Empower Conference; TASSP Summer Conference (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – Five Fest 2019 Edition October 30, 2019
- Just 4 Days Away – The Fundamental 5 National Summit October 23, 2019