If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. There is nothing more awesome than running a school that maximizes student opportunity. It is a responsibility that cannot be taken lightly. So, buckle up and get on board, because the mission is to change the future. (By @LYSNation)
2. Tying public education funding to student performance on the STAAR test is like telling a hungry child to work harder for something to eat. It’s punitive, petty, self-defeating, and small-hearted. We will not accept it. We are better than this. (@pastors4txkids)
3. When you are through trying to improve, you are through. –Vince Lombardi (By @CoachMotto)
4. “If we are afraid of failure then we can’t innovate” -Dr. Samuel West. (By @clwilkens)
5. What to do with a mistake: Recognize It. Admit It. Learn From It. Forget It –Dean Smith (By @CoachMotto)
6. The best indicator of the quality of our leadership is…. Implementation at scale. (By @LYSNation)
7. No, Texas Governor Greg Abbott. State leadership, including yourself, that is openly hostile to public education, that confiscates local tax dollars and starves schools, that demeans and demoralizes devoted teachers and support staff… that’s the REAL disaster. (By @CollierForTexas)
8. Why are anti-public school politicians able to erode public confidence in our public schools? Because most adults have no longer have any meaningful interactions with public schools. If you don’t have children in public schools, then public schools are just one more taxing entity. (By @LYSNation)
9. Once we quit using public schools as polling sites, all the senior citizen volunteers who run the polls, quit coming to our school. All the voters quit coming to our school. Which means, now, most civic minded voters no longer see our buildings, equipment and work. (By @LYSNation)
10. “When you teach at-risk students and you slow down your pacing of content coverage, you are not helping your students. You’re actually hurting them, in the long run.” (By @traci_tousant)
Think. Work. Achieve.
Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant / Aspiring Principal Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference; TASSP Summer Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; NASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.