Hello, LYS Nation. This is the 2,600thpost to the column. In continuation of our tradition, we will review our progress.
First, the review
The 1stpost was on Monday, February 16, 2009.
The 500thpost was on April 7, 2010
The 1,000thpost was on March 7, 2012
The 1,500thpost was on April 7, 2014
The 2,000thpost was on April 21, 2016
The 2,500thpost is was on August 23, 2018
The 2,600thpost is today, January 24, 2018
The top 10 posts (from the last 150 posts) in terms of distribution, have been:
- The Second (of Many) Problems with the A-F School Rating System (9/20/18)
- The First (of Many) Problems with the A-F School Rating System (9/19/18)
- A New Principal Asks… Rooms of Chaos (11/27/18)
- When is the Best Time to Change (9/27/18)
- A Reader Writes… A Common Scope and Sequence (8/29/18)
- The Problem With Individual Teacher Tests (7/26/18)
- Mexico Doesn’t Send Us Its Best – Part 3 (7/24/18)
- Chronic Misbehavior (9/12/18)
- A Reader Asks… Proof My Resume (11/14/18)
- School Performance Drivers – Segregation (10/17/18)
A little blatant self-promotion
First, if you like the blog and you haven’t signed up for the e-mail subscription, please do so. I find that it’s easier to write to people than it is to write to web hits.
Second, if you like the blog and find it useful, tell three other people. This blog is a much more powerful resource for school improvement when it is a dialogue.
Third, if you have not sent in a comment yet, please do so. Education research points out that the act of critical writing actually makes the learner smarter. Let the blog assist you in sharpening your saw.
Thank you so much for reading and responding. This network, which started out as a way for just a handful of principals to stay connected has turned into a small nation of board members, central office administrators, campus leaders, and teachers who are focused on redefining student success. Who knows what we will discuss in the next 100 posts.
Think. Work. Achieve.
Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant / Aspiring Principal Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference; TASSP Summer Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; NASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.