If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- Vote! Vote! Vote! (By Jeffrey_C_Hicks)
- Stagnant salaries, reduced benefits, inadequate pensions, a lack of resources, and demeaning public attacks on public schools are why young people aren’t considering teaching as a career choice. (By @LYSNation)
- It always amazes me how often campus operations and practices are left to chance. We hire staff and then hope that through luck and osmosis the new hires will know what to do. There is a better way. Implement a new hire induction program.(By @LYSNation)
- It is our elected representatives and their political appointees with no public education experience that are pushing people away from the profession. (By @LYSNation)
- A state budget is a moral document. It is a written record of our society’s priorities. The public education portion shows pointedly where our children rank in importance. Future generations will judge as God does now. Are we being found faithful? (By @pastors4txkids)
- At what point do we, the public educators, quit voting for the people who see us as the problem and start voting for people who recognize that we are the solution. (By @LYSNation)
- Poor children are fed nutritious meals every day in public schools. This fundamental provision of the common good is reason alone to support them. (By @pastors4txkids)
- If watching an on-line professional development module is THE answer… Then why didn’t watching a VCR professional development module solve all our training issues 20 years ago? (By @LYSNation)
- Surround yourself with those who bring out the best in you. Not the stress in you! (By @clwilkens)
- Just saw the REVOLUTIONARY new app that lets the teacher send text messages to parents on how their child is doing. If only there was a tool that allowed us to transmit our voices, so we could actually talk to parents…. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote); AMLE National Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.