If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. Education is the war on ignorance. Unfortunately, the ignorant are the adults. (By @OnwardUpward5)
2. Public education is not failing our youth. Quit buying into that idea because some naysayers and politicians say it is. Talk to your public schools. Volunteer. Talk to teachers and administrators. (By @KIM4erteach)
3. “The people who advocate the loudest for not restraining a particular right are often the most zealous in the attempts to restrain other rights. There is a term for this… Hypocrisy.” (By @LYSNation)
4. “An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people.” -Thomas Jefferson (By @AnetteCarlisle)
5. You know The Fundamental 5 philosophy is in you when you find yourself Recognizing and Reinforcing with specificity the bagger at HEB. “Great job, Juan! You bag just like I like it…fragile stuff up top, non-food items separate from food, cold stuff together. Thank you!” (By @MaiorkaMath)
6. Make the choice to either step forward into Growth or step backward into safety. (By @wadestanford)
7. If a charter school is “better” because it is subject to less government regulation/red tape… Why not just allow the same for all public schools? Wouldn’t that make more sense? If over-regulation is an issue, then solve it across the board. (By @RobFulk)
8. Per Texas Education Commissioner, Mike Morath, teachers in Texas receive effectively no increase in their inflation adjusted salaries for the entirety of their careers. So, while starting salary may be good for a bachelor’s degree, there is little financial incentive to stay in teaching. (By ATPE_MontyE)
9. Dear young people, never get tired of being instruments of peace and joy among your peers! (By @Pontifex)
10. Pulling the trigger is one of the most deliberate dangerous acts to my fellow citizens that I can do. As a responsible gun owner, I know this. I also know that we are much too casual in allowing unfettered access to guns. Our children are paying the price. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: LYS / ESC 4 Principals Symposium (Keynote); NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on facebook.