If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of June 11, 2017 when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. I do love some Fundamental 5! (By @HoustonZTA)
2. When the best case scenario is bad, learn from the incident and move on. Sometimes minimizing the loss is the only win. (By @LYSNation)
3. “Give teachers permission to fail forward.” (DrTTSang12)
4. In the absence of feedback, people will invent their own. (By @CarrielCaruso)
5. Don’t co-mingle formative and summative data. Use formative observation data to create “game film” for teachers. (By @profwicke)
6. If Governor Greg Abbott wanted to “further restrain growth of government and reduce expenditure of taxpayer funds” he would not support vouchers. (By @pastors4txkids)
7. Inexperienced leaders pay too much attention to people who point out their weaknesses. (By @Leadershipfreak)
8. “Research shows the way to really cut down the school-to-prison pipeline is through teacher-student relationships.” -Houston Chronicle (By @MsRomero024)
9. Policy makers should have a fundamental understanding of what it’s like to teach in a classroom (including the Secretary of Education). (By @Lily_NEA)
10. “You can be sincere and still be stupid.” -Dostoyevsky (By @Leadershipfreak)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Virginia Middle and High School Principals Conference; The National Principals Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook