If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of April 9, 2017 when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. Instead of saying, we have “____ more days until summer,” Let’s say we have “____ days left to INSPIRE.” (By @kara_welty)
2. Effort determines outcomes…that goes for students, teachers, and leaders. (By @BluntEducator)
3. “The true textbook for the pupil should be an enthusiastic, engaging teacher” (By @DrRichAllen)
4. The best teachers have three things in common: 1 – They are all about the kids. 2 – They are relentless about getting better. 3 – They are always positive. (By @SteeleThoughts)
5. If you want someone to get better at what they do, make them responsible for outcomes and coach them! Those who will not or cannot must go! (By @tgrierhisd)
6. “Assessment is really about moving forward in your learning, and not about the grade.” (By @NLearning)
7. Educational leaders never please everyone. They are criticized for whatever they do. The good ones always do what is right for children. (By @tgrierhisd)
8. Vision is not a luxury—it’s an essential for leaders. (By @GrowingLeaders)
9. Some ‘leaders’ have an insatiable appetite for recognition. They spend more time looking and applying for awards than doing meaningful work! (By @tgrierhisd)
10. A great soccer player won’t help the swim team win. (By @Leadershipfreak)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Texas ASCD Summer Conference, The National Principals Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook