“Nationally, I’m known as E. Don.”
When I heard that comment twelve years ago that was when I realized that that my friend and mentor in my little world, also operated on a much grander scale.
Don Brown is an anomaly. Has was principal in an era when rubric for the exceptional principal was fairly cut and dried, all one had to do was, in order, keep:
- The teachers happy.
- The Superintendent happy.
- The parents happy.
- The building clean.
- The students occupied and behaved.
That wasn’t enough for Don. So he did more. He is:
- One of the Godfathers of the Trimester Schedule.
- One of the Godfathers of the PLC process.
- One of the Godfathers of the All Students Continue Their Education After High School movement.
- The architect of Breaking Ranks.
That wasn’t enough for Don. So he did more. He was:
- The President of the Texas Association of Secondary School Principals
- The President of the National Association of Secondary School Principals
- A Board Member of the International Confederation of Principals
Then Don retired, but didn’t quit. He became one of the:
- Godfathers of the Online Professional Development movement.
- Godfathers of the EFFECTIVE (not political) School Turnaround Process.
- Godfathers of the Principal Coaching movement.
- Founders of Lead Your School.
As the Lead Your School Principal Emeritus, Don continues to coach principals and train teachers across the country, every week. In his 70’s, he has more energy and passion for schools than a man ½ his age. We at Lead Your School are not the only ones who recognize and appreciate his continued contributions to the profession. Just last week, at a complete surprise to him, E. Don Brown was named….
The Principal Emeritus of the National Association of Secondary School Principals.
Don Brown, he’s kind of a big deal…
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations); Texas Elementary Principals and Supervisors Association Conference (Multiple Presentations); LYS / TASSP Advanced Leadership Academy (Keynote)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook