In response to the 6/10/14 post, “Commencement Address – Four Practices,” a LYS Principal writes:
SC, Tell me you didn’t Fundamental 5 a Commencement Address!?!? I can’t wait to share this with my teachers when they come back in August. Unbelievable!
Did any of the teachers and administrators in attendance “get it”?
SC Response Believe it.
I don’t know if the teachers figured out what I was doing (after all, they were understandably a little distracted). But the principal knew and was smiling the entire time.
If what you are teaching is important and you need your students to remember it, then you have to use the Fundamental 5. And what lesson is more important than the commencement? It’s only the last lesson of high school. Then it’s on to four years of the worst delivered instruction of the entire school experience.
What I found to be humorous is just like any lesson, delivered by any teacher, I want a chance to do it again. Next time my delivery will be a little smoother and my Lesson Frame will be better focused.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: NAESP National Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote Presentation)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook