A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of April 7, 2013.
1. Ms. Richmond (West Ave ES) was 5 for 5 on the Fundamental 5 when her class was visited today. Outstanding instruction!
2. Technically private school vouchers should be called public subsidies. (By @cheadhorn)
3. Bill Ratcliff, former Lt. Gov. – now with Raise Your Hand Texas, questions why state would cut public education funding and then fund vouchers. (By @e_mellon)
4. Implementing initiatives without walk-thrus is like a teacher assigning homework and not grading. (By @fosterbkay)
5. I’m a firm believer everyone is responsible for creating a welcoming school climate. One bad experience can ruin it all for a visitor. (By @casas_jimmy)
6. Want to ensure that your good people will leave? Keep “demoting up” your marginal and poor performers.
7. How not to transform your organization: Ignore the fact that inactions are decisions too. (By @brandyjbaker)
8. Real understanding isn’t being able to comprehend when someone else explains; it’s being able to explain it yourself. (By @anniemurphypaul)
9. The “creative class” is the 35% of people who continually refine their skills and self-educate even after graduation. (By @anniemurphypaul)
10. How not to transform your organization: When things go bad, retreat. (By @brandyjbaker)
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook