A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of March 3, 2013.
1. If you believe morale is about keeping people happy, you are misinformed and misguided.
2. True definition of morale: Unit cohesion in the face of adversity. What does that say to you about your leadership and staff? (By @CabidaCain)
3. AGAIN I’m reminded of the significance of framing lessons with student friendly learning goals… Yet we still inconsistently practice it. (By @jbriannorton)
4. Children feel shame when they don’t meet our expectations—another reason to praise effort instead of the person. (By @anniemurphypaul)
5. “Wrong answer moments” are an incredible learning opportunity. Game designers do it. In classroom, it’s a perfect use of Recognition & Reinforcement. (By @S_Snell)
6. Anyone know where my HS kids can attend training on how to use their cell phones? What? They just figure them out? Weird. (By @Joesanfelippofc)
7. Why is it that we cut education funds, when we all know our future depends on the quality of innovative thinkers in the next generation? (By @DrRichAllen)
8. Inability to act over sequestration is a damning indictment of the way our government functions these days. (By @FareedZakaria)
9. I can’t think of a management practice more poisonous than giving any attention to anonymous letters.
10. Tax-credit vouchers simply subsidize tuition for students already going to private school. (By RYHTexas)
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations), Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook