A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of February 10, 2013.
1. Pearson has a $468 million contract with Texas. Oh, and the Former House Education Chairman as a lobbyist. (By @funnymonkey)
2. I’ve yet to have a student tell me they can’t use technology in class because they haven’t had any PD on it. (By @sjunkins)
3. I will concede that not all students will go to college… If you will concede that you are not the judge and jury who decides.
4. “If there’s a “but” at the end of your comment about students, your expectations are lowered.” (By @PrincipalDiff)
5. So far “school choice” in Texas has meant the Legislature chooses to fund one school at $4747 per pupil and chooses to fund another at $8500+ per pupil. (By @johnkuhntx)
6. Technology is not inherently innovative (it is the tool)…it is the human element (the driver) that makes it innovative. (By @DCulberhouse)
7. Sanger MS is discussing in our faculty meeting today how The Fundamental 5 has affected our campus. Staff has embraced it! (By @dsteeber)
8. L. Cain says most the important part of lesson is closure: Where kids prove what they learned that day. Creates opportunity for applied learning. (By @6thgradersrule)
9. LYS Nation, A great 4-part piece on the Anti-CSCOPE Arguments. The crazies are out in full force on this one. Hopefully common sense will prevail. (By @dsteeber)
10. If your school improvement plan is to create “separate but equal,” shame on you.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations), Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook