In response to the 11/29/12 post, “Pretty Lies and Powerful Truths – Part 5,” a Principal writes:
The voucher issue as well as the charter school and virtual classroom issues are a major part of the current legislative session. As advocates for public education reform we must recognize that the inadequacy of state funding to public education in Texas is the civil rights issue of our time.
People, get off your duffs and open your eyes and ears to what’s going on around you, around us, and around our schools and the students we serve. Follow, or better yet join, organizations like Raise Your Hand Texas to stay informed, involved, and at the bare minimum be able to clearly articulate your opinions on the critical issues that will soon make your daily life’s work even more difficult!
Take the red pill…
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations), Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook