Here are the Top LYS Tweets from the week of January 13, 2013.
1. Congratulations to LYSer, Dr. Jerry Burkett! He is the new Director of College Readiness and Partnerships in Grand Prairie ISD. Who will be next?
2. A large part of greatness is consistency. It’s not based on an extraordinary act. It’s based on ordinary acts done consistently over time. (By @jaredpeters23)
3. MET Project Final Report…Do your PowerWalks!!! (By @brandyjbaker)
4. In PowerWalks conference with teachers today. All conferences are positive and each teacher wants to see her next report, ASAP! Which means get in classrooms more!
5. Two quotes from a teacher today – 1. Teachers must model hard work for their students. 2. Each teacher can control her standard of excellence. (By @scot_wright)
6. Altering the schedule or length of school year will not make us better if we do not improve our craft. (By @dsteeber)
7. Not closing the lesson is like doing 15 push-ups and then eating 6 donuts and smoking a cigarette. Yes, you did something good. Then you undid it.
8. Self-doubt can use up mental resources that we could otherwise apply to absorbing knowledge or solving problems. (By @anniemurphypaul)
9. While affluent parents debate styles of strollers, 1 in 5 children in the U.S. are growing up below the poverty line. (By @anniemurphypaul)
10. Why is it a “cost” when government spends money on training or infrastructure but “investment” when spent by business? (By @haaspolicy)
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: North Dakota Principals Association Conference (Keynote Speaker), TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations), Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation