The following is a question concerning the “Notes” feature in the PowerWalks Observation system.
Our campus just started using the PowerWalks Classroom Observation System, which in a word is, “Awesome!” What I want to know is there anyway to compile the various comments I send to teachers into one report?
SC Response This is one feature that we purposefully limit. I know this sounds crazy, but we want administrative and support staff to actually talk to teachers about instruction. The standard (lazy) practice that we observe at non-LYS campuses is that observers bury teachers with misguided e-mails. Not only is this ineffective but it creates a climate of defensiveness and distrust. Effective coaching requires context and conversation. And we are all about being effective.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: North Dakota Principals Association Conference (Keynote Speaker), TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations), Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation