Here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of December 9, 2012.
1. Bombshell: TEA recommends LOWERING the college readiness standard! (By @txschoolsupe)
2. Showing the subjective (and political) nature of setting cut scores, TEA redefines College Readiness. (By @Clark_Ealy)
3. There is a huge difference between talking “teaching & learning” and supporting “teaching & learning.”
4. I really don’t care how you used to do it. I care about how you are helping the people currently trying to do it actually get it done.
5. Successful organizations encourage teachers to take healthy risks. Success has never been reached without risk. (By @dsteeber)
6. For a team to pull together, they have to know what they are fighting for. (By @fosterbkay)
7. When things aren’t working do you point fingers or bear down and work harder? This is the point where leaders separate themselves from mangers.
8. Obstacles are put in the path to separate the weak and frivolous from the strong and serious.
9. Helpful hint to administrators: Schedule your time or others will schedule it for you! (By @jaredpeters23)
10. Not allowing bootleg technology in classrooms could be a discriminatory practice.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: North Dakota Principals Association Conference (Keynote Speaker), TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations), Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation